Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
The Shipping Supervisor ensures the team undertakes timely coordination and accurate documentation of imports and/or exports.
• Oversee the team to undertake Imports and/or Export of shipments and to ensure maximum efficiency, quality and customer service
• Work closely and follow instructions from the head of Freight at the Group Level
• Ensure services are executed in accordance to the processes, terms and timeframes defined by management
• Ensure all state, customs and other applicable regulations are followed while fulfilling service requirements
• Ensure all required documentations are obtained/processed to facilitate imports and/or exports of shipments.
• Ensure Business Units are accurately billed as per Logistics price list for the services provided
• Ensure Freight Forwarder invoices are accurate, as per agreed price list
• Ensure all shipments are insured
• Ensure all claims are investigated and settled
• Attend operational meetings with Freight Forwarders, Customs, Customers or other stake holders
• Accurate reporting and analysis as per management requirements
• Train, guide and support team members to carry out required tasks
• Coordinate Plan and allocate the team for smooth and effective execution of workload
• Immediately report to management, investigate and correct any breach in Integrated Management System
What you’ll need to succeed
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.