Job description / Role
The Shop Manager is responsible for managing the store operations and staff in order to deliver the highest standards of customer service and to maximize sales and profitability in line with company’s objectives.
- Solve critical store operational problems including customers complaints, in order to ensure operational effectiveness and to increase customers satisfaction.
- Assist in recruiting and selecting shop staff by verifying job-fit and team-fit of candidates.
- Manage annual allocated budget by monitoring expenditure up to set limits, optimizing and reducing costs where possible and reporting variances versus budget.
- Ensure the stock is effectively measured and controlled and manage order placement activities to maximize sales and meet stock performance objectives.
- Monitor the shop hourly revenue and prepare staff schedule accordingly in order to ensure that the Shop/Department manpower is effectively matched to operational requirements in a cost effective manner.
- Prepare management information reports on store performance in order to allow informed decision making.
- Ensure the effective communication of sales plans and targets to the Shop/Department team
- Managing performance, developing and motivating employees, in order to ensure the highest levels of Performance and the achievement, or exceeding, of sales targets
- Evaluate on a bi-yearly basis the performance of the Customer Service Manager (for Virgin only), the Assistant Manager, Department Manager, Sales Associates ,Cashiers and Stock Keepers as per company guidelines.
- Manage Shop events and marketing activities by ensuring proper coordination with suppliers, media, and other concerned parties
- Perform other shop related activities such as overseeing the shop merchandising, verifying the cleanliness, display and maintenance of the Shop window, placing orders and other
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree3 years of experience in a managerial role
- Previous experience in the industry/retail is a major plus
- Strong knowledge and understanding of store operating procedures
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong product knowledge
- Commercial Understanding
- Skills Customer
- Focus Developing and Motivating Others
- Driving and Achieving results
- Decision Making
- Strategic Thinking
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.