Job description / Role
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today's businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM's clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a SOC Tier 2 Analyst to support our Security Services team. As a SOC Tier 2 Analyst you will be responsible for monitoring, triage, communication of security incidents for the client. Analysts will use SIEM technology to investigate alerts that are escalated from Tier 1, the client, or from intelligence sources. Furthermore, the SOC Tier 2 Analyst may be required to both monitor and utilize third party toolsets to assist with the identification of security threats, apply various techniques to identify and track cyber threats and analyze various data sources related to security events. The IBM Tier 2 Analyst will communicate with the security team, architects, managers and clients on a regular basis through various methods to ensure operational awareness.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Determine if the security alert should be classified as a security incident
- Analysis method of attack or threat
- Analysis of actor or object of the attack or threat
- Analysis of known targets and purpose of the attack or threat
- Impact analysis of the attack or threat both in terms of kill chain stage and risk magnitude
- Incident handling support
- Use case/rule tuning recommendations
- Testing and maintenance of response procedures
- Participate in lessons learned workshops
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: Cairo
- Category: Consultant
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Early Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Company: (0040) IBM World Trade Corp - Egypt Branch
- Req ID: 352502BR
- Travel Required: Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
- Min Salary:
- Max Salary:
- Location: Cairo, AL QAHIRAH EG
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with SIEM technology and tools (such as RSA, ArcSight, Splunk and QRadar), anti-Virus/Malware, anti-DDOS, WAF, FW Rules Management, forensic tools
- Excellent Knowledge and experience in IT Security Technologies
- Background in Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Management, Forensic Analysis
- Ability to translate security impacts to the wider business
- Willingness to work outside office hours as part of the CSIRT Team
- Ability to work in an international context and excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and working relationships in a project-based / client-serving model, and to work closely with people at different levels of an organization
- University degree in Information Technology or CompTIA Security +, GCIH, GCIA, CEH, OSCP or equivalent certifications
- English is a mandatory language requirement
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- 3+ years of experience operating in a Security Operations Center Analyst or similar role
- GCIA or equivalent certification
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Cybersecurity or equivalent
- English is a mandatory language requirement
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.