Job description / Role
Site Leader is responsible for all budgetary, people development and operational objectives of the Fulfillment Center (Inbound and Outbound). Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Operations and Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the Fulfillment Center.
Drives creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives to enable their Functional Area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed Business Plan. Sets / clarifies requirements and expectations for Ops and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments. Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area. Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
Works closely with support staff (HR Manager, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, S&LP Manager, Operation Managers, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in his/her area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives. Able to address operational and personnel issues affecting functional area. Surface issues with potential to affect multiple functional areas, along with ideas for solutions and share the same with General Manager and / or HR.
- Coordinates with S&OP team for Fulfillment Centers (FC) load balancing and future plan requirement, to adequately prepare the FC to meet business needs. Interacts with the trans team to enable smooth operations at FC OB dock, ensuring steady flow and timely dispatch of customer orders.
- Drives creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other Lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the FC to meet and exceed business plan.
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of both Inbound and Outbound operations.
- Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Operations and Area Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
- Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
- Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Facilities, Safety, IT and other Site Leaders/General Managers) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives, as well as providing needed support and resources for other network initiatives.
- 10+ years direct management experience, including a salaried workforce, in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques
- Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands, including overnight, weekends and holidays
- Experience with the full staffing lifecycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations.
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Interest in long-term career development
- Degree in Engineering from a reputed university and an MBA preferred
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.