Job description / Role
We are looking for a smart, results-oriented Site Merchandiser to grow our business. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and executing best in class site and email merchandising strategies.
The Site Merchandiser will ensure that accurate, comprehensive and high-quality product information is available on all products we carry, and that customer expectations are set and met to a high standard. He or she will write and schedule content on emails, homepage, category pages, and pages across the site, compile and analyze traffic and other web metrics, and report on performance to our management teams.
He or she will propose, plan and execute new features, stores, and products with minimal oversight, partnering with business and technical teams to achieve project goals. He or she will help to drive feature launches and site improvements to completion by coordinating with project managers, developers, the marketing team, designers, and other editors in similar roles across the business. Technical requirements include excel, and the ability to learn XML basics and our in-house tools, quickly.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, and work well with multiple teams. In addition to having first-class written and verbal communication skills in both English & Arabic, the Site Merchandiser will be able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be innovative and internally motivated and have strong interest in and experience with online merchandising
Ongoing responsibilities include:
- Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behaviors including searching, browsing and purchasing, identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging the cross-functional team where necessary.
- Planning and executing the site merchandising calendar. This includes email programs, new product launches, cross-category placements, developing and executing Amazon site-wide events, browse tree design and search results.
- Develop merchandising for large store-wide promotions, and work closely with Category and Marketing to schedule promotions.
- Create emails, category pages, brand stores, campaigns, and develop and manage free search improvement projects.
- Synthesize and analyze relevant content metrics.
- Regularly develop, test and analyze new merchandising tactics that sell products across all categories and increase conversion rates, documenting the results and sharing best practices with the team.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the category annual calendar content planning, creatives development, store CX design - Create best-of-breed, revenue-driving site and email content: relevant, timely, on-brand, and targeted to the right audience.
- Plan, create and schedule individual merchandising campaigns to category stores and the Gateway.
- Tracking and analyzing customer needs based on customer behavior including searching and browsing.
- Formulating and executing the marketing plan. This includes new product launches, cross-category placements, developing and executing Amazon site wide events etc.
- Designing and executing successful online customer experiences.
- Identifying problems and opportunities and responding accordingly, engaging cross functional teams where necessary.
- Analyzing and sharing relevant metrics and best practices from the executed initiatives across the organization.
- Developing, testing/experimenting and analyzing new tactics to increase conversion rates and sharing them within the organization.
- Proven experience (1-2 years) in marketing within the e-commerce sector with a focus on onsite merchandising.
- Fluency in Arabic and English both written and spoken
- Familiarity with Egypt content market.
- Customer obsession, always curious about what customer like and want.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results.
- Experience working with Content Management systems, Web Tracking Tools and an understanding of trends and technologies within E-commerce.
- Strong analytical capability and a solid understanding of success metrics. Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, and ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about customer behavior
University degree in Business, Marketing or any other related field of study.
- Experience with site merchandising, onsite CX optimization.
- Agency/brand management background is preferred.
- A creative and analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
- Track record of managing and optimizing online traffic growth from multiple sources including social, email and owned and operated channel.
- Proven track record of defining and delivering innovative marketing program that drive long-term results.
- E-commerce experience & strong planning and time-management skills.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.