Job description / Role
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us.
We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann's and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry's, The Dollar Shave Club and Surf.
Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in the world. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you're having in the work you do - every small thing counts.
Main Job Purpose:
The Site Quality Engineer role works focuses on factory operations, implementing, executing, improving and providing technical quality support to manufacturing site, Engineering, TIM (Technical Innovation Management) teams for Quality Management System (QMS) compliance, innovation execution, quality risk management and quality improvement.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supports deploying of UL Quality strategy, governance and goals through specific Quality projects and targets.
- Ensure HACCP plans for the site are designed and operated to assure product safety
- Supports ensuring compliance to product technology GMP requirements
- Supports changes to existing and new materials suppliers through activities that assure quality / hygienic control processes are in place and operating effectively, e.g. follow up on audit action plans
- Supports Quality Management System deployment and continuous improvement through support to WCM Quality Pillar and Virtual Sites
- Supports resolving consumer/ customer product and package complaints and CRQS issues through analysis of care-line and CRQS audit information to identify improvements
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate reliability, precision, reliability and accuracy of processes, products and production equipment.
- Assist disposition process by involving in failure analysis and suggest corrective actions as Material Review Board member.
- Coordinate with suppliers and customers relating to quality trends, performance and corrective action.
- Verify conformance and productivity of quality engineering system through supplier audits and surveys.
- Initiate programs to enhance supplier performance.
- Review all product quality aspects like planning, manufacturing methods and process specifications.
- Interact with manufacturing and engineering teams to optimize documentation related to quality and inspection checks.
- Interact with Quality Control Packaging team to conduct Technician Training Program after evaluating Quality Inspections Techniques.
- Assist manufacturing scrap performance evaluation and management.
Key Competencies & Skills:
- 1 - 3 Years of Experience in Quality/Engineering related Field
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Production/Chemical/Industrial/Materials)
- Experience in Manufacturing, FMCG is preferred
- Strong Communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Managing Conflict
- Managing & Leading Change
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.