Job description / Role
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that literally make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This request is for a Senior Software Developer and Demoer , who creates and delivers demos, thus supporting the Center's Core Business , continuously learning IBM's related solutions and enhancing the Immersive and Client Experience for our Clients .
- Creates and presents demos on industry and technologies requested by our internal and external clients
- Supports and leads the MEA Development team in Cairo
- Creating Agile reporting using Git Hub or Trello for the Technical Projects
- Facilitating Hackathons hosted in the center.
- Scrum Master or equal skills to manage the team activities using Agile reporting.
- Liaise with the Technical staff across IBM and
- Create and document best practices
- Administration of the Center Procurement requirements Responsible for execution of Monthly Network payments (part of separation of duties)
- Communicating with CBRE, Floor management, Building Management, RESO
- Presentations when required
- Communicating with Clients/ Business Partners in facilitating events at Johannesburg Client Centre, ensuring the smooth run.
- Assist with security parking, catering requirements, set up of venue as per the Clients / BPs request (Part of the Agility of the Center and the fact that Collaboration rooms can be changed as per request from our External Community)
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 3-5 years of experience in SW development
- Agile oriented
- Project Management Skills needed
About Business Unit
Fueled by cognitive technologies, more than 150 SaaS offerings, and real-time insights, the Global Markets team delivers embedded expertise to help our clients make better decisions and deliver innovation as they engage with their customers, partners and suppliers. Join us to continue to drive innovation with the most comprehensive portfolio for enterprises across industries.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.