Job description / Role
The Amazon Middle East and North Africa team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building great products for our customers. The SDE-II will be based in Amman, Jordan and must have Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. They SDE-II will:
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
· Write high quality distributed system software
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
· Experience with multiple programming languages such as Java, J2EE, Python , TS, JS, and .NET
· 5+ years industry experience in designing software architecture and operating scalable software systems
· Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
· Experience coaching junior software development engineers including code review and design review
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
· Experience with AWS and/or cloud computing
· Experience with webservices and micro service architecture
· Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Experience working with driving product vision to deliver long term customer and advertiser value
· Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
· Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.