Job description / Role
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for Software Development Managers to be based in Amman, Jordan with 7+ years of solid Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems, to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of Amazon International Expansion Business. and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a seasoned software development manager to lead and drive the teamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture:
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a seasoned software development manager to lead and drive the team’s technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture:
- You will own major deliverables end-to-end, drive roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
- You'll be responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact.
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the vendors community that helps them succeed in their business goals.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization , planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services.
- Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- 5+ years of software development manager experience
- Excellent problem solving abilities and object-oriented design skills
- Fluency and experience in object-oriented programming languages, like Java
- A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software
- Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- The ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
- Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
- Graduate degree (Master’ s or PhD) in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years' professional experience in software development
- Experience building and operating mission critical, highly scalable distributed softwares and systems
- Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.