Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Spectrum Scale team is leading the charge in supporting and administering complex integrated storage products end to end. Our team doesn't stop at the traditional boundaries of component level product. We act as a single interface to our clients to address their storage solution problems.
We require individuals who wish to be challenged technically and feel comfortable working in dynamic, agile environments creating resolutions to problems as they arise. The products we work on are being deployed in a fast, highly scalable storage environments for AI, big data, or cloud. This position involves working with our IBM customers remotely, which are some of the world's top research, health care and technology providers.
The successful applicants will be part of the NA Spectrum Scale Team, focused on one of the biggest markets on the globe. They will work in a virtual environment working with colleagues around the globe and will be exposed to a different type of technologies. The role provides serious visibility, and the team members interact with development, product quality, client care and account teams.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let's talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
IBM seeks to hire a Technical Support Professional. We are looking for analytical puzzle solvers who thrive in a driven enterprise customer support environment. You can work both individually and as part of a motivated worldwide team to assist IBM customers to perform problem determination on the IBM Spectrum Scale product. We are seeking demonstrated problem solvers with proven communication skills. In this position, debugging and analysis are performed via the telephone as well as electronically. Candidates must have the desire to wow customers, articulate solutions, and options, and take the opportunity to interact with the end users, as well as the developers and sales teams to be a well-rounded contributor. The challenge in this position is to be able to interpret complex software problems that span across multiple client and server platforms including UNIX, Linux, Advanced Interactive Executive (AIX), and Windows. Knowledge of cloud, Storage Area Networks (SAN), network protocols, and storage devices is preferred. Hands on experience with storage virtualization is a plus. Candidates must be flexible in schedule and availability. If you are self-motivated and collaborative, join us and prepare to learn.
IBM's client Software Support Specialists are required to deliver post sales Remote Technical Software Support Services in English:
- Putting the time and effort to learn about Spectrum Scale, with the intentions to become a Subject Matter Expert in it.
- Responding to client queries and providing remote technical software support in a timely manner.
- Maintaining highest client satisfaction and relationships even in severe and pressurized situations.
- Interacting with client and IBM functions consistently until problem solution.
- Performing problem management and end-to-end problem ownership by analyzing problems/situations and understanding problem impact on client business.
- Employing IBM's standard support delivery methodologies and tools.
- Logging all related activities for each customer query and handling client data securely.
- Performing in international software support delivery processes and environments.
- Review diagnostic information to assist in isolation of a problem cause (which could include, assistance interpreting traces and dumps).
- Identify known defects and fixes to resolve problems.
- Provide assistance on supported product known defects for which available corrective service information and program fixes are available.
- Identify suspected defects and engage development teams to assist in resolution.
- Provide assistance with questions regarding product documentation related to the supported products
- Interpret online manuals regarding IBM code and application interfaces.
- Collaborate with other support centers and business units to provide seamless problem resolution.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the software platform supported by maintaining applicable technical certifications.
- Provide technical support service delivery within established guidelines; demonstrating soft skills and technical skills that contribute to client satisfaction.
- Demonstrate excellent English oral and written communication skills.
This is a shift work position. The resource will work in NA time zone shifts in our Egypt office which is based in Smart Village (Currently remote due to Covid and subject to change accordingly).
Weekend duty rotation will be required, once appropriate skill levels have been obtained
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluency in English; written and oral
- Bachelor's degree; Computer Science, Software Engineering, or electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows); Experienced/Advanced usage preferred but not required.
- knowledge of storage, and operating system, cloud, Storage Area Networks (SAN), network protocols, and storage devices.
- Knowledge of WebSphere, DB2, SAN and Tape drives would also be useful to the candidate
- Basic knowledge of storage devices and peripherals; Experienced/Advanced usage preferred but not required.
- Script languages knowledge.
- Hands on experience with storage virtualization is a plus
- Flexibility to work in Shifts (North America time zone shift) and participate in Weekend duty rotation.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.