Job description / Role
• Participate in design activities of non-complex Solid Waste management projects.
• Participate in discussions with Clients to determine criteria guiding design, including budgets, preferences, etc.
• Support the development of concept for Solid Waste, including all required drawings and reports, for non-complex projects, for discussions with clients.
• Refine selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports for non-complex projects, as instructed
• Coordinate with other design specializations to coordinate design requirements across disciplines for non-complex Solid Waste design projects across all design stages
• Review prepared design deliverables with senior project teams and implement design revisions based on reviews and checking reports, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
• Knowledge of the Solid Waste industry in the Middle East
• Proficiency in spoken and written English, Arabic is a must
• 3+ years of experience in solid waste management
• 5+ years of experience in design in a top tier regional / multinational engineering consultancy firm
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).