Job description / Role
Sourcing Manager, Grains and Oils - Middle East and North Africa, Sub Saharan Africa
Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. We are stronger through our diverse, inclusive and connected community and bring our values and commitments to life!
Join us for an exciting career opportunity in the Procurement function, in the capacity of Sourcing Manager, Grains and Oils - Middle East and North Africa, Sub Saharan Africa , based in Cairo Festival City BU. The main purpose of the role is to support the development and execution of sourcing practices for Grains and Oils in region. The key activities include interaction with cross functional stakeholders to manage spend and market analytics, generate insights from bid events, facilitate supplier negotiations and supplier relationship, project execution management, driving controls and compliance.
- Support margin agenda: Drive productivity projects together with stakeholders, actively contribute to AMEA (Asia, Middle East & Africa) / BU productivity sessions, assist planning and execution of leading edge sourcing practices
- Improve cash conversion cycle, targeting DPO and DIOH
- Ensure audit compliance and close out of Management action plan, ensure supplier contracts are signed off and logged in Zycus
- Provide business contingency plans, coordinate operational interactions in case of supply issues, drive suppliers to improve delivery on-time in full (OTIF) performance
- Ensure suppliers maintain GFSI certification requirements, acknowledge specifications via official sign off, and minimize quality rejections
- Partake in innovation / health and wellness workshops, facilitate supplier involvement and drive to fruition
- Support the sustainability agenda in palm, soy, wheat. Provide input for global supplier relationship management, initiate local supplier relationship Management
- Lead BCP agenda in AMEA (Asia, Middle East & Africa)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain or Commodities, preferably in Multi-national companies with experience in managing multi-country projects involving several functions
- Fluency in English & Arabic
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office / SAP
About the Company
Mondelez International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world's largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
Our dream is to create delicious moments of joy in everything we do. Nearly 100,000 employees support this dream by manufacturing and marketing delicious food and beverage products for consumers in approximately 165 countries around the world.
We are the world's pre-eminent maker of snacks, with leading market shares in every category in which we compete. Mondelez International holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate and Candy as well as the No. 2 position in Gum. (source: Euromonitor)
About 85 percent of our annual revenue is generated in fast-growing snacks categories, and nearly 75 percent of our sales come from outside of North America.