Job description / Role
Spo Logistics Specialist, Indirect & Sub Sahara Africa
Part of the Global Service Parts Operations (GSPO), the SPO Logistics Specialist is responsible for leading the Supply and Logistics operations for the Indirect Channel and Sub Sahara Africa. He/She will lead initiatives to drive On-Time Delivery, Cost and Cash productivity in the Direct and Indirect countries.
- He/She will be responsible for activities like inventory optimization, order fulfillment, warehousing, customs operations, and reverse logistics execution
- He/She will also be supporting the region's growth by setting up Logistics structure in new countries where GEHC is willing to grow in the region
- He/She will work in close connection with central GSPO and Service teams in the region.
This role shall report to Africa Service Parts Operations Manager
- Drive Parts OTD improvement initiatives in line with customer expectations (Customer On-Time Delivery) - for Direct and Indirect Channels
- Accountable for local warehousing 3PL performance, including cost control & optimization, operational excellence, and supporting new system initiatives
- Improve data visibility and Track & Trace capabilities across the supply chain
- Drive inventory optimization projects with the region's inventory COE
- Lead Cost Productivity projects in collaboration with EMEA GSPO Productivity leader, the regional operations and the local Service teams
- Overlook local customs operations and ensure compliance to local regulations
- Design and govern reverse logistics supply chain in line with local regulations
- Collaborate with Systems team on new initiatives (ERP, WMS, TMS)
- Maintain Quality and Regulatory procedures for local Logistics operations
- Apply Lean Supply Chain projects and activities.
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Knowledge and understanding of International Trade Compliance, identify, report, and resolve any trade compliance issues
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, International Business, Business Administration or related disciplines or equivalent knowledge or experience
- 3-4 years of experience working in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, International Trade Compliance, Warehousing and Distribution, Financial Analysis and Project Management (Healthcare & Medical Device industry is a preference)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Language: Strong command of spoken and written English is a must
- Command of French language is a plus
- Demonstrated work experience in Logistics operations, Supply chain Management and Physical Distribution
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Lean basics, including Lean Six Sigma process methodology and Fastworks
- CSCP, CPIM, CLTD or similar qualification is a plus
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP, WMS and Transport Management Systems
- Experience with SQL & Data Analytics is a plus
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Desired Competencies:
- Business acumen and analytical with strong database background
- Demonstrated leadership qualities to energise and lead teams across countries, functions and cultures
- Ability to influence and collaborate across functions and businesses
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute multiple objectives and metrics
- Team player with proven ability to work independently to meet deadline in a fast pace and changing environment
- Customer focused, \"Outside-In\" thinking, creativity and courage to implement/influence change
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication
- Proven growth leadership skills demonstrating clear perspective and understand factors impacting GEHC businesses and our suppliers
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. Learn More About GE Healthcare .
GE is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles ¦people like you!
Become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.