Job description / Role
As an internal consultant; the Sr. Business Partner would be responsible for leading all HR efforts for Fulfillment Operations. This would include implementing HR best practices, addressing people challenges, support the organization’s effectiveness by developing and implementing solutions aligned to business strategy and ensure that the HR operating model is embedded successfully within Operations team. The Sr. HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. Successful candidates will demonstrate:
· Own and manage the relationships with several client group business leaders
· Deliver the strategic and operational HR plan for each business supported, ensuring consistency with local and global HR goals & ensure consistency with our policies & procedures
· Be accountable for the HR Administration tasks at Country level through the management of the relationship with remote Shared Service Centers and through hands-on admin delivery as necessary
· Provide management support and advice to build leadership capabilities
· Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, employee engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits and development activity
· Support key HR projects and process improvements
· Demonstrate excellent analytical capabilities and influence business leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention and the employee experience
· Ensure alignment of HR programs by partnering with peers and colleagues in other locations and also across Corporate business units locally
· Coordinate all personnel representative relationships and legal compliance issues
· Provide expert input to your client groups as well as the HR team in terms of local employment legislation, policies and practices
· 5+ years’ experience of operating as an HR business partner with demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a fast-paced, hands-on environment (multinational company preferred)
· Experience with warehouse/fulfillment center staff will be highly advantageous
· Relevant degree in HR, Business or equivalent
· Excellent time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize
· Advanced use of Excel and reporting tools
· High attention to detail and accuracy and demonstrated track record of working to tight deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills with fluent verbal and written English.
· Experience of working with both hourly and executive employees
· An ability to work independently and to deal with ambiguity when necessary
· Demonstrated intense customer focus
· Excellent skills in negotiation
· Ability to champion HR leadership and driving processes in the Department
· Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
· Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Analyses through problems to come up with solutions
· Innovative & Pro-active
· Ability to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
· Excellent communication skills
· Influencing skills and interfacing with senior members of the business
We encourage applications from all candidates with the appropriate skills regardless of background; please contact us to discuss any adjustments you may require for the interview process. All interviews will be based objectively on the skills, experiences and knowledge that an individual brings to the role. Amazon is committed to hiring the best individual to deliver for our customers regardless of disability, race, national origin, age, gender or other legally protected characteristics. We look forward to hearing from you.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.