Job description / Role
Amazon Global Selling: The Marketplace or “Selling on Amazon” business exists in many countries and is a significant percentage of the total Amazon unit sales and growing. Each year, tens of thousands of businesses join the marketplace adding millions of new products. Our vision is to offer customers Earth’s largest selection.
Amazon MENA is one of the fastest growing emerging marketplaces. Within which, Egypt has the highest online customers and highest potential for growth. However, Egypt also represents a high friction for our out of country sellers given its peculiar trade and tax compliance. We are seeking a SR Program Manager to lead programs on various domains (e.g., Customer Experience, Seller Experience, Seller Success), partner with analysts and product team, help global selling sellers adopt right product/receive right guidance, and grow their global business in Egypt.
The candidate will need to possess excellent program development and management skills, dynamically prioritize and manage resources. She/he will be extremely customer obsessed, strong at performing deep dives to derive analytical insights on seller behaviors, thus improve seller engagement resulting in seller success on Amazon. The ideal candidate should have strong analytical, program management, people management, communication, and innovation skills. The ideal candidate should be able to work in a cross functional, fast-paced environment. If you are passionate on working in a fast paced innovative environment, willing to take challenges, make history and have fun with us, please apply to the position now! Also the ideal candidate would be someone who has knowledge of logistics and cross trade.
• Lead projects for cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new features, products, or systems.
• Gather business requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities, and develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project.
• Assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade offs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints.
• They rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverable.
• Develop and define customer/seller experience and seller success road map.
• Set domain/program goals and measurement.
• Define and provide seller requirements and insights to global teams to influence product and policy decisions and improve seller experience and business results.
• Work closely with local/global teams to create, refine and invent processes leading to customer/seller experience improvement and seller success.
• This role will also assume additional responsibilities of leading regional projects to solve for frictions for Out of country sellers and other channels.
• Ideally, the candidate should have a consultancy background, strong problem solving, and Amazon experience in writing documents and working with Operations and Finance and logistics providers.
• 10+ Years experience
• Bachelor of Engineering or Business
• Strong technical background to be able to discuss with product teams
• Engineering degree
• Logistics background preferred
• Strong negotiation skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.