Job description / Role
Amazon Product Imaging builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
If you thrive on managing large scale creative operations that demand logistical and resource analysis, planning and decision making ability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, come join our growing team!
Amazon is looking for an experienced Studio Operations Associate to lead transportation planning for high-volume commercial studio in Cairo producing world-class imagery for a wide selection of products. As a Studio Operations Associate you will design transportation structure and process management. You will seek to find the right balance between creative and operational imperatives to meet customer and business needs.
- You will be a thought leader who strategizes and delivers innovative logistics solutions that enhance customer experience (on time and within budget), drive continuous improvement, scale production to meet high volumes, and drive greater efficiency while maintaining quality.
- You will build strong relationships with logistics partners and studio operations team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Professional experience in a high volume, high production operations environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Proficient creating and analyzing operational performance metrics
- Experience managing a team/function
- Oral and written English proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in the transportation industry working with carriers.
- 2+ years of experience with transportation management systems.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects and project/ program management.
- Analytical experience including the use of data to manage metrics, drive improvements, and implement business cases.
- 2+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel skills
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.