Job description / Role
Develop the local technical team for both Automation SAS System and Support commissioning activities located in Cairo for Egyptian projects and for African projects.
• Follow EHS rules
• Configuration and Commissioning for DCS
• Configuration and Commissioning of Protection Relays according to PCL processes
• Local customer interface in coordination with the project manager
• Technical Meeting with customer
• Budget Management: able to manage load for commissioning project synthesis on cost follow up per project
• Process, security, and quality procedure from PCL
• Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical/Controls/Electronics Engineering
• Minimum 3 Years experience.
• Customer relationship, able to manage technical meeting with customer inside Egypt and outside Egypt
• Experience in protection and commissioning activities
• English: fluent
• French is a plus
• Abroad Activities
• Able to work with team based in different countries
• Good Knowledge of GE or Schneider DCS System.
• Good Knowledge of GE, Siemens, ABB, NR and Schneider Protection Relays.
• Ability to perform Site Testing and commissioning activities for including BCU level testing, HMI level testing, System level testing, End to End testing and snag clearance
• Ability to understand, establish and verify DCS System Architecture and LAN Network
• Ability to perform Basic level of trouble shooting in System level
• Responsible to follow GE Engineering process and Project deliverables in line with project plan.
• Good understanding of protection engineering principles.
• Ability to perform Site Testing and commissioning activities for protection relays
• Good Knowledge of IEC61850 protocol, Modbus, IEC-103, IEC101 and IEC104
• Good communication skills in English
• Ability to discuss and communicate with Customers
• Ability to read / interpret schematics, procedures and policy guidelines
• To prepare and maintain Test records of DCS & Protection T&C tasks
• Ability to define problems, collect relevant data and establish facts
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and to meet strict deadlines, whilst working in a team
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.