Job description / Role
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE.Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Coordinate with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
Work Experience, Qualifications, Educational Requirements:
- The ideal candidate (he/she) should have at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject (Institutes not accepted)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environments.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with Storage system (e.g., SAN, NAS)
- Experience with Linux environment is a plus.
- Experience with Database is a plus (e.g., SQL server , oracle)
- Must have very good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills is a must.
Work Location: Thales Office at El Attaba Metro Station, Cairo Downtown, Egypt
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.