Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
For over a century IBM has been a company of inventors and innovators. We power the most important industries on the planet
from the biggest banks to telecom to scientific research. Our IT infrastructure portfolio features the legendary Z mainframe, new AI-enabling servers and Gartner-ranked best in class Flash and Software Defined Storage. You may not know it but there's hardly a part of your daily life that isn't touched by an IBM Systems client.
The IBM Systems team has first dibs on just about every cool pilot in the company. We're design thinkers who get to spend time honing new skills. We've changed the way IBM does marketing. Oh yeah, and we make mainframes - the Big Iron beneath the hood of just about everything big anyone's ever done with data - and all the data storage and software that it takes to build the next gen IT infrastructure that can think, learn, predict, and compete in the cognitive era. For most, the future is coming. At IBM Systems, we're already delivering it.
If you like the idea of working on a legendary brand - yes, the one that invented the typewriter, the personal computer, the mainframe, and put a man on the moon - then come create with us and help amplify our voice.
IBM Systems leads in transformation. What we do for our clients, we're doing for ourselves all the time: reinventing, learning what it takes to stay ahead of technological shifts and building what comes next. We're good at change because we've never been afraid of it. If you're the same, join us in our next big reveal.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Systems you will :
- Owner and developer of annual marketing plan with quarterly refresh based on regional direction and local business priorities, and control outcome by partnering with other teams
- Deliver unique/compelling point of views (POVs), strategic messaging and leadership proof points improving the BUs' market position, competitive advantage and business results.
- Set market position: Use knowledge to spot and articulate the market segments to pursue based on Global direction and local priorities
- Acquire deep insight into the local markets with respect to customers, trends and competition. Identify together with market analysts preferred routes to acquire different types of segments of clients
- Coach local marketing contacts to optimize results.
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist for the product through social media amplification
- Apply deep buyer behavior expertise to orchestrate and manage the delivery of an exceptional client engagement experience end-to-end encompassing buyer journey, content narrative and collaborate with the Campaign Manager in order to align the needed tactics to the target audience
- Understand the Business Partners ecosystem and stay informed about the latest development. Partner with key vendors in order to ensure an aligned and compelling message towards IBM customers
- Partner with regional sales teams to Identify preferred routes to acquire different types of segments of clients, continuously optimize marketing execution and business results. Build strong relationship with IBM internal stakeholders (e.g., sales) to not only seek regular feedback on the performance of the programs but also to stay close to the needs of the specific client segments
- Shares best practice within the MSC and is involved in their peer's education and in the development of the practice.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 10 years' experience in marketing, deep experience in developing marketing strategies and plans
- Ability to understand customer and market needs, then translate these into product and GTM requirements.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical ability
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, coupled with ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams (including sales, agencies, C-suite etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of complex, highly matrixed organizations
- Initiative and self-drive to work in a constantly changing environment
- Digital and Social media savvy P
- Proficiency with spreadsheets & presentation software (Excel & PowerPoint a must)
- Fluent in English
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.