Job description / Role
Line of Service
General Tax Consulting
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Financial Accounting practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team provides our clients with customised accounting services based on their in house needs and current International Financial Reporting Standards (International Financial Reporting Standards) guidelines. You'll work with our team to provide specialist advice and training in areas such as financial instruments, business combinations, pensions and share schemes, listings, corporate treasury, company secretarial and corporate governance.
Department overview: Our Financial Accounting and Administrative Services (FAAS) team is a one-stop-shop for potential clients. Our support starts by assisting clients on the legal investment
consultations, establishing legal entities and assisting in the closure of entities. In addition, we support in outsourcing accounting services to ensure clients are in compliant with the Egyptian laws and regulations on a monthly basis and in addition to the preparation of the year-end financial statements. Lastly, we have a specialized team for people management services which include payroll compliance work, HR consultation, and social insurance compliance services.
Technical job description
- Provide good service to all clients and assist in marketing and business development efforts.
- Assist clients' in accounting system initial setup;
- Prepare full set of accounts and present customized financial reports with the aid of accounting software.
- Prepare statutory accounts, in compliance with Egypt Financial Reporting Standards.
- Receive and process all invoices and prepare cheques for payments, handle daily disbursements promptly.
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Perform review of statutory financial statements for simpler accounts and payroll work prepared by
- associates / interns, by verifying calculations and input codes in to the Accounts system.
- Undertake Secondment at client's office/premise, if required.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of monthly closing.
- Communication with client on daily basis to collect accounting information and understand clients' business.
- Liaise with clients' statutory auditor.
- Liaise with tax team to provide financial reporting and necessary information for tax return and filing preparation.
To assist the executive to handle company secretarial matters for the client, including
- Ensure compliance with statutory/regulatory requirements and the submission of all
requisite forms, returns and documents;
- Preparing form 11 and for 40 and submit to tax authority before the deadline for the clients.
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as assigned by the executive.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.