Job description / Role
Line of Service
Regulatory Risk & Compliance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Risk & Quality Management, within Tax and Legal, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. You'll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwC's regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk.
Our Risk and Quality team identifies and assists internal teams to mitigate and control client engagement risks. As part of the team, you'll provide advice to business teams within PwC on sound contract provisions, standards and approaches in accordance with PwC policies, principles and standards.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist the team in various aspects of the project
- Prepare deliverables
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Ensure you are adhering to compliance matters
- Work on developing internal relationships and your PwC brand
- Preparing and assisting with client risk management onboarding process
- Project planning, progress monitoring and reporting
- Executing various background checks by running on-going screening of clients and suppliers to manage risks related to client and engagement acceptance
- Running AML and sanction screening checks on all clients and their ultimate beneficial owners to ensure AML and sanctions compliance
- Ensuring engagement teams are compliant with the firm's client due diligence (CDD) and know your customer (KYC) processes
- Reporting adverse check results, sanctions and global/local conflicts of interest
- Monitoring the timely completion of of mandatory client and engagement risk assessment processes
- Handling risk management queries received from the various client engagement teams across the ME
- Identifying, assessing and evaluating violations related to confidentiality breaches
- Assisting in and being part of ME risk management processes to comply with changes made to PwC Network and/or ME local policies.
- Performing the Engagement Compliance Review on selected files to ensure the engagement is in line with the firm's risk management standards and any independence regulations.
- Raise any concerns regarding inadequate and bring to the attention of senior management.
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships, work across multinational teams and with a wide variety of individuals at different levels - from senior partners to staff
- Strong interest and passion for PwC and looking to further develop him/herself and his/her PwC network
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Driven with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Personal gravitas and ethical behavior
- Seeking opportunities for improvement, automation and efficiency gains.
- Fresh Graduate with Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas (such as Risk Management, Finance, Business administration)
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.