Job description / Role
Job Title: Technical Analyst 4 - eBusiness Suite (EBS)
Organization Name: Oracle Managed Cloud Services - Applications Unlimited Cloud (AUC)
Oracle Cloud is the industry's broadest and most integrated public cloud. It offers best-in-class services across software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS). Oracle is actively seeking an experienced Support Engineer to join our Applications Unlimited Cloud Services team. This team manages & supports high performance, scalable, complex deployments for Applications Unlimited OMCS customers who have PaaS and IaaS services in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). This position requires previous experience in migration, implementation, upgrade, and troubleshooting skills in a customer facing, revenue generating environment.
As a Principal Support Engineer, you will offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction. The primary focus is to work on migration, implementation, and upgrade projects covering Oracle E-Business Suite or third-party applications to OCI. You should be able to create/utilize automated technology and instrumentation for these migrations as well as to diagnose, document, resolve, and proactively avoid customer issues. You are expected to be an expert member of the technical problem solving and problem avoidance team, routinely sought to address extremely complex, critical customer issues. Services may require occasional on-site customer visits.
Location: Office based/remote EG (Cairo, Giza)
- Leading contributor, individually and as a team member, providing direction and coordinating efforts
- Work is sometimes non-routine and very complex involving application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization
- Lead in migration, implementation, and upgrade projects
- Excellent technical judgment and ability to identify problems and recommending solutions
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent degree with academic excellence
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure certified and technology professionals preferred
- Experience in on-premise to OCI migration or implementation projects
- Previous experience with an organization providing 24x7 support
- Ability to work on holidays or weekends when necessary especially for project go lives
- Demonstrates ability to deliver successful solutions on projects with complex business requirements
- Assist with the pre-sales activities to win new projects
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English
- Can work under pressure
- Oracle E-business Suite Application 11510, R121, and R12.2 administration and troubleshooting with proven problem-solving ability
- Previous experience in Oracle E-business Suite 11510, R12.1, and R12.2 migration, implementation, and upgrade projects
- Good working knowledge of Oracle Database 11g/12c/19c including patching, upgrades, backup and restore through RMAN, Oracle Data Pump export/import, and performance tuning
- Technical experience working with additional technologies of Oracle such as WebLogic, SSO
- Troubleshooting skills for critical Database, Application, Networking and System administration issues
- Performance Tuning and techniques (SGA tuning, DB Tuning, Application Server tuning)
- Good grasp of Unix and shell scripting
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.