Job description / Role
Location: Cairo, Egypt
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE.Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
As a Technical Consultant, you will be in charge of technical interface for a telecommunication and also a relevant market business field of Thales for both devices and services such as SIM/USIM or eSE for M2M/IoT. Occasionally, you shall be getting involved with not a regional project but also a foreign or multinational projects. The role involves working as part of a team which provides support to customers in dedicated region for corporate products and solutions integration, pre-sales support, proposal, technical discussion, project management, lab/field-testing, production quality management, commercial delivery and after support.
The Main Responsibilities are as follows:
- Establish a good relationship with customers and perform proactive communication through support
- Understand customer's problems, limitations, and needs
- Technical Consulting and Pre-sales
- Technical presentation and pre-sales support to customers
- Technical training, Q&A, and paid consulting to customers
- Product promoting based on corporate product portfolio and industry trends
- Coordination of technical proposal and identification of the appropriate internal support for dedicated customers
- Proactive tracking of business by close alignment with internal teams and customers
- Acceptance, prioritization, and management of the correct internal processing of customer requirements
- Identification of Thales strategy by means of competitor analysis and, as a result, collection and development of leading against arguments.
- Discuss and negotiate technical requirements according to the both customer needs and Thales product capabilities
- Manage development projects as a local project manager to interact with R&D and production site to align with a planned schedule and available resources
- Inquiry to support team, R&D, and product marketing manager for customer Q&A
- Periodical project status reporting to customers and take care of change requests and issues
- Commercial product configuration and perform validation
- Manage industrialization process and deliver prototype samples and final commercial samples
Delivery and After Support:
- Ensure the delivery of commercial products and control product quality
- Trouble shooting (including inquiry, log analysis, tracing, and on-site testing) to identify the root cause of problems
- Composing failure reports, identification of solution or workaround and if needed internal defect escalation in a structured manner
- Establish a good relationship with sales, marketing, and R&D
- Proper reporting to a manager
- Understand internal process and implement without delay
- Related Technology
- Telecommunication (SIM or mobile phone device)
- M2M (industrial and automotive devices)
- Secure IC product features and manufacturing
- Shall have an experience of external customer communication. (meeting, phone call and email)
- Shall have a Fluent English communication skill in verbal and in written. (meeting, phone call and email)
- Shall have a >3 years of work experience in IT industry
- Shall have a >3 years of work experience of technical support position
- Work experience in mobile phone technology and business is a plus
- Work experience in payment technology and business is a plus
- Work experience in security technology and business is a plus
- Work experience in M2M/IoT related technology and business is a plus
- Work experience in a semiconductor company is a plus
- Highly self-motivated to challenge learning new technology
- Skill of team leading and project management are plus
- Skill in verification and validation of software/hardware including approvals testing and inter-operability testing
- Shall have customer-oriented mind set, without losing the view of corporate perspective
- Shall be fast learner, without being afraid to build up knowledge in new areas
- Shall have an ability to work independently and successfully complete assignments
- Shall be flexible in assuming tasks and short term reprioritization
- Shall be a team player with the ability to communicate and act both within the group and across organizational borders
- Shall have an ability to work in multicultural/multinational environment
- Shall have goal and solution oriented project management skills with perseverance
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Information Technology major
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.