Job description / Role
VEGA, a German manufacturer in the field of instrumentations, is looking for a Technical Sales Engineer for its market in Egypt.
The Technical Sales Engineer is responsible for the profitable sales growth within Egypt. He is tasked to promote VEGA’s integrated products, solutions, and services to all customers and prospects in the assigned territory. He is in charge of onsite sales and service support when required; guides and assists VEGA’s agents in Egypt to achieve maximum growth; and ensures our customers’ needs are understood by the company and that they are satisfied in a timely, professional and sustainable way.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Sells VEGA’s full product range and services in a competent and professional manner
- Provides systematic and conscientious customer service within the assigned territory
- Manages customer demonstrations and presentations proactively
- Shares project and market intelligence with other function associates
- Calls reports for customer interactions logged in Topvis along with future customer task scheduling
- Provides a quarterly review of strategic plan and activities with the sales management
- Advises the customer on the proper application of VEGA’s products and services
- Any other duties as assigned
This position is based in Egypt. We offer a comprehensive package and benefits to the successful candidate.
We are highly inclined towards smart and open-minded people who contribute to the exceptional culture at VEGA.
Core Competencies and Profile
- Technical education preferably in instrumentation, process control, automation, electronics, or engineering (engineering qualification is preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Minimum 2 years of technical sales experience (products/services) or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills to work well with diverse individuals, groups and with internal & external customers
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Strong desire to understand customer process and to provide consultative guidance to improve their process by applying VEGA’s solutions
- English language proficiency
- Smart and critical thinking
- Rigor, efficiency, and reliability
- Team spirit and open-mindedness
- Willingness to travel and work away from home for 2-3 days a week
About the Company
Production processes are becoming ever more complex. So it’s really important that the measurement technology used to control and monitor the processes is all the more understandable and intuitive. VEGA has set itself the goal of developing innovative measurement technology that is easy to install and operate and offers maximum safety and reliability.
VEGA employs over 1,480 people worldwide, 730 of whom work at its headquarters in Schiltach in the Black Forest. This is where, for over 60 years now, solutions to demanding measuring tasks are being conceived and brought to realization: for chemical and pharmaceutical plants, the food industry, drinking water supply systems, sewage treatment plants, landfills, mining, power generation, oil platforms, ships and airplanes.
VEGA is active in over 80 countries with its globe-spanning network of subsidiaries and distributors. The company and its products have all the necessary certificates and approvals for worldwide application. This applies to the technical safety as well as the quality of the products and services.