Technical Service Manager
SAP Middle East & North Africa
Job description / Role
We help the world run better:
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
SAP Enterprise Cloud Services (ECS) is part of the Product Engineering board area in SAP. ECS is responsible for providing cloud hosted infrastructure, technical & application managed services to our SAP private cloud customers. The Technical Service Manager (TSM) is the single point of contact for all technical topics in context of the customer's S/4 HANA Private cloud engagement.
What you will do:
As a Technical Service Manager you will contribute to SAP's global strategy by supporting our customers with their SAP S/4 HANA adoption on their path to the Intelligent Enterprise as part of the SAP Enterprise Cloud Services team. TSMs play a critical part in helping our customers accelerate their cloud transformation journey and enable them to achieve the business values and outcomes they want from their SAP landscape. Your will act as a trusted technical advisor to our customers and partners. This includes analysing customer's business requirements and problems and working across the SAP Enterprise Cloud Services and other SAP departments to provide quality services to our customers, resolve technical complexities and accompany them throughout their entire cloud transformation journey.
As Technical Service Manager you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Primary contact for customers for discussions about SAP technology and innovations and serve as an escalation point person for technical issues, service requests and incidents
- Understand the customer business, goals, and challenges to suggest technical solutions & services
- Offer comprehensive knowledge on SAP S/4HANA architecture, conversion, migration path, methodology and tools.
- Understand the SAP high availability or disaster recovery architecture, network and virtual technologies (load-balancer, virtual machine)
- Identify top issues, define & execute service plan activities and orchestrate implementation of technical action items across customer landscapes
- Design optimal SAP configuration to maximize system performance and availability.
- Identify and position offerings by SAP that deliver value to the customer
What you need to bring
- Minimum 7+ years of SAP Technical administration and operations of SAP Solutions (preferably in the domain of SAP Basis)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in customer facing role
- Hands on experience and working knowledge of Unix/Linux flavors, SAP HANA and Sybase data bases.
- Experience in de-escalating critical situations.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory. Fluency in Portuguese and French are highly appreciated.
- Solid know-how on SAP Technologies and Products (SAP certification highly beneficial),
- Hyperscalers certification (AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
Meet your team
ECS organization is a global organization and the regional TSM team is located in Spain, Italy and India. We are highly diverse and positive spirited bunch of colleagues. Next to our obsession for customer satisfaction we value internal knowledge sharing & collaboration as well as make ECS organization a little better every day.
We ask for your application to be submitted in English language only.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.