Job description / Role
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Technology Consulting advises our clients in determining, implementing, and managing their enterprise-wide resilience program. As a Resiliency Consultant, you accompany our customers across Middle East and Africa region with a lot of positive energy from strategic consideration to successful implementation.
Your goal is to analyze current maturity levels and the development of Resiliency Concepts required for an always on-Enterprise. This includes a deep and profound knowledge in Business and IT Continuity concepts as well as national and international standards (e.g. ISO 22301,) best practices and tools to develop new integrated Resiliency Systems, Disaster Recovery Processes and Lifecycle approaches
• You have a T-shaped consultant profile. You bring deep expertise and experience in resiliency, IT and business continuity services portfolios and advise our clients in all aspects of cyber resiliency.
• You can connect the dots between different technology domains and business, and you can advise CIO’s to become a trusted partner.
• You conduct resiliency assessments such as recoverability assessment, resiliency maturity assessment to identify strengths, weaknesses, and improvement areas.
• You conduct business impact analysis and risk assessments.
• You work with client’s decision makers to generate enterprise-wide resiliency strategies, back-up recovery strategies and develop data protection strategies in hybrid multi-cloud world.
• You are familiar with TCO calculation and business case and you can support IBM’s advice to our clients with financial facts.
• You design and lead resilience programs with measurable outcomes to implement strategies.
• You can facilitate workshops, present to large audiences and C-Level.
• You can guide technical architects in developing high-available, always-on architectures and contribute to development of resilient architectures.
• You are responsible for driving technology consulting business. You take active part in sales process, build trust-based relationship with our clients and convey IBM value to them.
• You lead project teams and are responsible for the high quality delivery in Time and on Budget
• You keep track of costs, operational stability, and the integration of the developed solutions
• Agile work is natural for you
• You are actively involved in our professional IBM internal communities
You can expect
• A global network of experts working on the future of the Cognitive Enterprise
• A tailor-made entry that takes into account your personal interests and strengths
• Personal career development in a global company that adapts to your life planning
• Flexible working models
• Mentoring and targeted training in new topics
• An environment in which growth and new ideas are desired
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Completed degree in a business, natural science or technical degree program
• Professional experience: at least 5 years of experience in resiliency consulting or 8 years of experience in Resiliency or IT/Business Continuity functions of big enterprises.
• Proven expertise and experience in Resiliency, IT and Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery
• Strong understanding of continuity standards and best practices such as ISO/IEC 22301, Resilia, ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL and COBIT
• Strong understanding of resilient, high available, always-on architecture principles
• Strong understanding of cyber resiliency, data protection and recovery, high availability, always on technologies and concepts using on-prem and cloud technologies.
• Hands-on experience in developing and implementing resilient architectures on cloud is preferred.
• Industry specific knowledge to quickly identify/suggest/leverage candidate areas for automation and generate value for IBM at client sight.
• Hands on experience in demonstrating thought leadership and delivery leadership
• Ability to translate business requirements into technology solutions.
• Ability to translate visions into executable projects with clarity and purpose
• Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, collaboration and communication skills
• Language skills: very good English
• High willingness to travel
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.