Job description / Role
The Account Manager - Telco industry is responsible for the total customer relationship with one strategic or several important Telco clients. Plans and executes an effective account strategy, relationship strategy and maintains effective long-term business relationships across all tiers of employees at the customer, including Exco, key decision makers and influencers. Is the integrator of all IBM brands before the customer. Identifies and prioritizes IBM opportunities and develops solutions strategies with the relevant IBM brands. Plans and facilitates and/or conducts complex negotiations reaching lasting agreements and commitments. Responsible for revenue, wallet share, and customer satisfaction on assigned accounts.
Following are the primary roles/responsibilities of the Client Manager:
- Leads the account strategy for relationship, revenue, account growth, offerings, solutions, etc.
- Manages the total customer relationship; integrator of IBM.
- Creates and maintains relationships across all tiers of employees at the customer, including senior executive relationships
- Leads account planning and opportunity identification
- Plans and facilitates and/or conducts complex solutions and negotiations for assigned accounts
- Responsible for planning of digital sales activity for assigned accounts
- Drives growth in assigned accounts.
- Opportunity prioritization and overall account plan for assigned accounts.
- Responsible for revenue, wallet share, and customer satisfaction on assigned accounts
- Applies comprehensive understanding of sales processes, including the IBM Client Value Method.
- Demonstrates a professional knowledge of business acumen, including an understanding of the customers 'business, industry, economic trends, issues and competition.
- Understands organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, both IBM and clients.
- Understands IBM strategies, offerings, and technologies. Applies knowledge of information technology and leading edge solutions related to the client's business.
- Effectively utilizes channels
- Masters the required proficiency levels of the Relationship Discipline skills for this position.
- Demonstrates expertise in relationship skills which promote and enable a deep understanding the customers 'business goals and objectives.
- Mentors and provides guidance to others in the development of their strategies and plans.
- Adapts communications and approaches to conclude negotiations with various partners resulting in common agreements.
- Analyzes complex new situations, anticipates potential problems and future trends, assesses opportunities 'impacts and risks.
- Clearly defines problems, logically diagnoses causes, identifies solutions and creates action plans.
- Applies creativity and judgment in developing new approaches and solutions.
- A recognized expert in the Telco industry, and understands the business issues that Telco's face
- Builds an account plan that relates to the client strategy, telco industry trends, IBM offerings such that client business needs are solved
- Relationship building across the customer organization, being able to identify influencers, budget owners, sponsors, decision makers, etc, with coverage plans
- Drives complex projects and complex negotiations to secure commitment for key projects and/or complex client solutions
- Prioritizes objectives based on changing customer requirements and general IBM business unit directives
- Consistently creating and articulating business cases or ROI for a customer to help secure commitment for key projects
- Relationship building within IBM across the various lines of business, both in Pakistan and internationally
- Strong knowledge of new technologies such as AI, Cloud, Blockchain, API, Automation, machine learning, etc.
- Drives customer experience and remediates any negative sentiment
- Drives wallet share by embracing all sales channels, including business partners and digital sales
- Consistently delivers solutions which are highly valued by the customer, and are considered high impact, complex and strategic by both the customer and IBM
- Responsible for revenue, wallet share, and customer satisfaction on assigned accounts.
Stated in the JD
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Sales
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.