Test Specialist - Automation
IBM Middle East
Job description / Role
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM'ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Builds automation for the testing IT systems and applications.
- Has deep skills in multiple test automation tools and technologies and use these to build and maintain automation solutions to test applications and IT systems across the levels of testing.
- Responsible to understand testing requirements, building optimized test scenarios, developing automation to execute test along with test data and environment related automation, execute automated testing and achieve test outcome.
- Has understanding to all the contemporary technology trends - Agile, DevOps, Containers and so have ability to integrate testing automation into overall delivery automation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 2-8 years of experience as automation tester
- solid understanding and experience on programming languages ex: java
- solid experience on creation and executing for automation test scripts
- API testing or data testing is a plus
- Strong understanding of Core JAVA and OO Concepts
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Understanding of product development lifecycle with specific experience in using both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Good overview of SDLC process, requirements specification, software development, and software debugging
- Experience in Java Integrated Development Environment (eg: Eclipse IDE, etc.)
- Experience with test-driven development
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.