Job description / Role
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
Who you are:
As a Software Test specialist You will:
- Be testing highly enriched IBM Integration products with latest/trending technologies.
- Own major work you're doing with in the testing phase of a software creation process
- Be using your expertise, experience and creativity at work in your work you're doing
- Bring to bear your full engineering skill set to deliver quality software.
What you'll do:
As a Software Test specialist You will:
- Work within an Agile environment and/or in a continuous delivery model
- Work on functional testing for products developed with Java/J2EE in a cross-platform environment (Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Work on IBM B2B Integrator suite of products along with WebSphere, Liberty, Jetty, LDAP, WebSphere MQ.
- Work on RDBMS - DB2, Oracle etc.
- Work on automation tools like Selanium, Protactor etc
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become authority you love to be.
- You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas in to figure out really excites you.
- Learn applications from expert developers in the team
- Opportunities to showcase your knowledge and share experience in technical conferences
- Love to participate in the entire software quality process
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3-5 years of experience with functional, automation, integration testing
- German Language is a must
- Experience in Test Strategy and Test Planning
- Experience with automating of test flows and execution of scripts.
- Set & Drive QA processes (design standards, coding standards etc)
- Fundamentals in functional testing, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
- Country: EG
- State: AL QAHIRAH
- City: CAIRO
- Category: Technical Specialist
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Fixed Term - Short Term
- Location: CAIRO, AL QAHIRAH EG
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.