Job description / Role
As a Test Specialist at IBM, your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the software we create. Come work in an agile environment where you will help each iteration reach the next level. Whether the testing is manual, automated, or cognitive, you hold a key role in releasing the best deliverables to IBM'ers and our clients.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates technical expertise in their field focused on the technical aspects of testing performance, load, scalability / capacity, networks and infrastructure.
- Has expertise in the planning, design, management, execution, and reporting of tests using appropriate testing tools and techniques.
- Responsible for examining and evaluating performance criteria and standards compliance to ensure that new and amended systems, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
- Plans and develops the test design during test specification development with focus on both the functional and non-functional requirements for testability against the technical acceptance criteria and quality metrics.
- Works with the Test Architect to define the test automation framework, methods and tools to uncover performance issues.
- Demonstrates proficiency in utilizing performance tools, analyzing results, resolving performance related issues, including optimization and tuning.
- IT Specialists who primarily apply their technical skills in an internal or external Client billable services and implementation environment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Manage Performance/Capacity
- Analyze I/O Performance
- Perform DB2 Performance Analysis
- Perform TCP/IP Performance Analysis
- Analyze Performance Test Results
- Code Custom Scripts
- Design Performance Tests
- Develop Performance Testing
- Perform Package Performance Tests
- Perform Performance Tests
- Plan Performance Testing
- Test Application Performance
- Perform NT Performance Analysis
- Use Testing Support Tools
- Develop Validation Strategies
- Use Library Management Tools
- Perform Configuration Management
- Perform System Test
- Perform Test Case Development
- Apply Testing Methodology
- Apply Functional Testing Tools Knowledge
- Design Test Environment
- Design Test Plans
- Develop Test Data
- Lead Defect Prevention Strategy
- Use Defect Management Tools
- Use Testing Work Products
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.