Job description / Role
Souq.com, an Amazon Company, is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and a proven record of driving category growth. The VM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
· Act as the ‘business owner’ for the category, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives).
· Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments.
· Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities.
· Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience.
· Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds.
· Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies.
· Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines.
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 3+ years of relevant experience in retail, operations, product or program management, and/or business management/consulting with a proven record of accomplishment of negotiations and delivering results.
· Proven experience leading cross-functional projects.
· Influencing abilities and vendor management experience.
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced
· Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development.
· Advanced experience with Excel, or other analytical/Business Intelligence tools.
· Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
· Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes.
· A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done. Experience launching a new country.
· Working in a start-up or early stage environment where you will be defining best practice for your function.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.