Job description / Role
Location - Egypt - Alexandria
Nationality - Arabic
Organisation unit: GROHE Middle East, Africa, East Mediterranean & Turkey
Function: Supply Chain
Job Title; Warehouse & Imports Manager - Egypt
Reports to VP Supply Chain - MENA
Role purpose – summary of business contribution and key challenges
Primary purpose of this role is to effectively manage own warehouse and distribution facility & / or manage service levels of contracted 3rd Party Logistic service provider. Aim is to effectively store, manage, inventory of finished goods or components, recording and accurate reporting of stock levels, performing cycle counts & wall to wall counts, reconciliation of inventory with WMS & SAP & manage cost efficient inbound & outbound logistical activity.
Accountabilities – ownership of results and the means to achieve them
Key result area
• Act / Liaison in capacity of Import manager with Customs, GOIEC & GAFI
• Be responsible for accurate recording and reporting of inbound / outbound goods movement
• Have a plan for weekly & monthly inventory cycle count as well as periodic wall to wall counts
• Reconcile inventory at agreed intervals, externally (customs records) as well as internally with WMS / ERP systems
• Ensure bin health and location accuracy of inventory in ERP as well as WMS
• Ensure application of FIFO during outbound process.
• Monitoring and reporting of SMOS inventory along with proposed action plan
• Ensure ease of handling / efficient pick pack process by identifying inventory into ABC classification and storing it in bin location accordingly
• Monitor and control pick pack ship process within agreed time frame and trouble shoot procedural / performance gap to ensure lean and continuous improvement mindset
• Coordinating with shipping lines to ensure timely receipts of documents for clearance purposes
• Actively engage in customs clearance and imports process. Identify tariff codes used and report back to HQ any incorrect tariff codes as well as clarify any questions / concerns of local authority including clarifying use of HS codes as identified by HQ.
• Be responsible for end to end VAS activity, to ensure that products imported are compliant with local regulations.
• Coordinating with transport companies for distribution of goods, after importation, either to customers warehouse of Grome Trading warehouse.
• Be responsible to monitor clearance and transportation cost as well as exhibit mindset of continuous improvement by critically reviewing as is situation to offer cost effective solutions.
• Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job result
• Comply with laws, rules & regulations & meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
• Always ensure Supply Chain Security and Safety of warehouse and its staff.
• Proven working experience 5 years as a Warehouse/Logistics manager
• Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
• Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
• Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
• Leadership skills and ability manage staff
• Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills (Arabic & English)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
Key stakeholders & interfaces – the people through which objectives are achieved
• Regional Support Functions‘ Teams
• Sales, Supply Chain and Finance VPs
• Internal Auditors
• Customs, GOEIC, GAFI
• 3PL service providers
• Shipping Lines / Transporters
• External Auditors
• Customs, GOEIC, GAFI
About the Company
Innovations Group was established in 1994 under the name of Innovation Commercial Brokers. The company was formed as a sole proprietorship company spearheaded by its Managing Director, Ashish Nanda.
The company was set up with an objective to provide Relationship Management work within the Promotion, Distribution and Services business. The other line of business which the company was pursuing along with Promotions, Distribution and Services was Commercial Broking for clients for various financial products such as IPO, Investments and Placement of Funds. The idea was to acquire customers and mature the business by converting them for its different product lines by selling and cross-selling. By identifying the customer needs and trying to provide services in those areas where there was an identified need propelled the company to new heights and growth.
The process of acquiring clients was initially from local market and expanded to global markets through mail, telephone, and generation of leads.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Logistics Operations Controller