Job description / Role
Main Job Purpose:
The Warehouse Lead is responsible for effective and efficient warehouse operations and
production support at Unilever Mashreq. The responsibilities of this role also include leading the warehouse team to create a positive workplace which enables people to exceed the requirements of their role.
- Plan and organise daily/ weekly warehouse activity
- Contribute to innovation and continuous improvement
- Review and maintain procedures and practices as required
- Ensure people are appropriately trained in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ensure thorough understanding of agreed outcomes
- Act as the primary point of contact for Logistics team
- Ensure dispatching is with accordance to priorities plan and within time frame
- Facilitating daily operations with factories, other WHs and co_packers
- Manage finished stock, packaging and inventory in warehouse
- Coordinate container movements by site/ liaise with freight companies as required.
- Raise electronic purchase orders as required
- Receive, batch check and store received goods
- Electronic receipt of inwards goods
- Monitor consumable stock and raise purchase orders to replenish to agreed levels in case
- Plan and perform physical count quarterly
- Maintain Stock matching accuracy between systems and physical location accuracy
- 4-7 years of work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering ( Mechanical, Production) / Logistics
- Experience in Logistics / Warehousing / Distribution
- FMCG background is preferred
- Sets clearly defined objectives
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
- Manages time effectively, identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others
- Adapts to the team and builds team spirit
- Recognizes and rewards the contribution of others
About the Company
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people's lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter's day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We're constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.