Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Mechanic, to be based in Eritrea.
• Should poses a minimum of a diploma or relevant experience.
• At least but not limited to 5 - 10 years experience in servicing, repairs, engine and gearbox overhauls and maintenance of all heavy and MHE vehicles.
• Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
• Repair and replace damaged or worn parts and test.
• Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to diagnose defects.
• Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles, grease all joints regularly to avoid wear.
• Examine parts for damage or excessive wear on bearings, links, shafts and all movable parts, bucket teeth, pins and bushes and rotating parts.
• Schedule maintenance for industrial machines and equipment, and keep equipment service records.
• Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
• Test all machines or equipment to ensure operation efficiency.
• Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
• Check wear and tear on all hydraulic hoses and replace by using new hydraulic sabs hose by using the mobile crimping machine on site.
• Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes, maintain JCB tracks and lubricate when and where necessary.
• Service and repairs must be done according to agents and world class standards every 250 Hrs. and/or as per manufacturers specification.
• All HME construction equipment and vehicles should be kept clean and in a high standard quality at all times.
• All safety equipment such as strobe lights, reverse alarms, normal lights and reflectors should be in working order at all times
About the Company
RA International is a major force within the remote site and developing country support services sector. We have many years experience of providing government institutions, United Nations, NGOs, and major multinationals with all the services they need to quickly establish and maintain sites in Post-Conflict, the Oil and Gas, and Mining and Minerals industries.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to getting the job done, as quickly and effectively as possible. Here's some fast facts:
• Our Company Headquarters are in Dubai, UAE, with offices and projects in Afghanistan, Sudan, Southern Sudan, Kenya and Chad • We currently employ over 1000 international and national staff • The company was founded in 2003 as part of the Duncan-Narfeldt Group Ltd • RA International draws on 40 years experience in project management and support services in post-conflict environments and remote locations worldwide.