Job description / Role
This college is a future-oriented, English-language based international institution of the Baltic states providing professional military education with a wider Baltic region focus and Euro-Atlantic scope. The college serves as a professional military education institution at the operational and strategic level, applying contemporary educational principles, effective management and best use of intellectual and material resources.
• Serves as an exercise planner; capable of instructing modules and electives pertaining to exercise planning.
• Develops and teaches modules, electives and/or classes to students of all courses in the area of joint air operations.
• Acts as subject matter expert in the area of expertise to BALTDEFCOL staff and students in execution of their tasks and assignments.
• Participates in the supervision and assessment of academic assignments given to students.
• Undertakes research relating to his/her area of expertise.
• Performs duties of a Syndicate Guiding Officer in accordance with Commandant's Order.
• Contributes to academic events of BALTDEFCOL (e.g. conferences, seminars, round tables) within his/her area of expertise.
• Represents BALTDEFCOL at external activities (e.g. conferences, seminars, courses) related to the field of expertise.
• Networks with relevant educational and research institutions.
• Keeps the comprehensive in-house scenario used by BALTDEFCOL courses in support of educational activities up to date
• A broad professional background, including:
• Expertise in Combined Joint Operations and Air Operations;
• Ability to coordinate Air Power teaching across the courses;
• Experience in leading teaching and execution of air power related processes and procedures;
• Knowledge and practical experience in utilizing NATO´s COPD;
• Ability to mentor JOC, JOPG and operational level working groups and boards activities;
• Experience in delivering teaching in an academic environment and/or attended the 'NATO Academic Instructor Course' at NATO School Oberammergau or an equivalent course at other educational institutions;
• Advanced academic degree in Military Management, Security Studies, Strategic Studies or related field;
• Graduated from a General Staff Course / Joint Command and Staff Course;
• Graduated from NATO Comprehensive Operations Planning Course;
• Relevant command and staff experience;
• Joint staff experience;
• Multinational staff service experience;
• Professional experience gained through participation in international military operations and/or exercises;
• Knowledge in applying dedicated software for operational planning.
In return you will receive a salary package of £26,400 - £42,000 + Excellent benefits.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results