Job description / Role
• Communicate with contract management staff concerning loading & material issues or status, including immediately addressing issues of concerns.
• Responsible for development/monitoring of KPI’s & implementing continuous improvement opportunities
• Create & implement cost savings through LEAN & FIT
• Serve as the subject matter expert for quality and safety standards.
• Ensures management staff adheres to established work standards & work process though ongoing communication, including positive feedback.
• Support new business implementation & scope changes. Including participating in the orientation of new contracts and mentoring new Quality/Risk Managers.
• Directs efforts to ensure effective Quality program and Performance Improvement implementation throughout the assigned contract(s). Provides guidance to facility employees/management in complying with the requirements and intentions of the program.
• Applies knowledge of profit drivers to work processes within contract.
• Responsible for facilitating investigation, required reporting, and corrective action development for serious quality or risk issues accessing company resources as appropriate & facilitates completion of Root Cause Analyses.
• Ensure OHSA compliance.
• Develop & perform training programs to meet company-training objectives.
• Facilitate Safety First Program
• Other assigned duties as requested.
Attractive Salary Package
Certification and Licenses
• Certified powered industrial truck trainer
• Black Belt/Green Belt Certification preferred
Languages and Communication Skills
• Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
Qualifications Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in transportation or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
• 5 years experience in a supply chain, transportation, logistics, or related field required.
• 2 years experience in OSHA regulations and State regulations required
• 7-10 years experience preferred
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.