Job description / Role
• Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
• Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
• Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
• Monitors driver and laborer time and attendance, minimizing overtime and ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies (e.g., 60 hour rule).
• Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
• Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
• Assists with data collection and reporting required for incentive pay programs.
• Promotes a union free atmosphere and where appropriate, establishes collaborative relations with unions.
• Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
• Acquires and coordinates temporary workers assigned to assist drivers on routes.
• Ensures that drivers comply with physicals, drug or alcohol tests, and training required by regulatory agencies.
• Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
• Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
• Establishes and maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Company/Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
• Documents problem fixes and provides instructions to dispatch/service should problems recur.
• Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps, and safety issues reported by drivers.
• Notifies customer service of delivery days for specific areas.
• Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and resolved.
• Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation.
• Reviews and audits documentation related to route operations on a daily basis (e.g., DVIRs, driver time and attendance, open tickets), following-up where appropriate.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements: None required
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required: None required
• Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Associate's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
• No experience required (in addition to education requirement)
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.