Job description / Role
My client is one of Georgia's largest main contractors and has been in business for more than 90 years. The company’s main area of work is design and construction of residential, civil and public buildings; design and construction of transport facilities; construction of bridges and tunnels; construction of agricultural sites; construction of manufacturing plants and industrial sites; as well as construction of engineering systems. Staff consist of highly qualified professionals who have years of experience in engineering and construction. There are over 200 employees in the company.
The company is now looking for a Planner to join them on a permanent basis to handle both pre-contract and post-contract planning using Primavera P6, looking after 2 No 10 mil dollar contracts - one is 6 identical residential blocks. The second is a concrete structure, reporting into the Project Director.
• Developing and updating resource (manpower and equipment) histogram weekly or monthly as required.
• Prepared and managed overall master schedule integrating work breakdown structure using scheduling software.
• Coordinated schedule from multiple contractors and incorporated the information gathered into the overall project master schedule.
• Prepared cost estimation and schedule bar chart plan considering all in puts (manpower, equipment and materials) availability, production and construction sequences.
• Participating all meeting (i.e. schedule review meeting, progress meeting, coordination meeting).
• Dealing with EOT’s during or after the course of the project to measure the time impact based on their respective delay analysis.
• Tracking, monitoring and forecasting progress of all activities and deliverables such as products, engineering documents, fabrication status and construction of all discipline.
USD 3000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: medical insurance, mobilisation flight
Candidates must have:
• Proficient in Primavera P6
• Degree or similar in Civil Engineering or Construction
• Experience on buildings for a reputable main contractor
• Good English language
• At least 3 years planning experience
Cost of living in Georgia is very low:
one bed apartment: US$400 per month
Utilities US$50 per month
Other costs max. US$500 per month
This means you will be able to save between US$1000 and US$2000 per month in this role.
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry’s leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.