Job description / Role
• Collaborate with Sales in the development and management of the purchase of protective packaging products.
• Responsible for monitoring and developing contracts through negotiations with protective packaging suppliers
• Source new vendors and/or new pricing for any new additions to our protective packaging product line.
• Monitor and review the performance of key vendors to meet current customer expectations and continuous improvement goals.
• Track and report on purchased cost savings monthly.
• Responsible for developing supplier cost improvements.
• Track pertinent indexes to inform sales of changes so they can adjust pricing accordingly.
• Handle all rebates / returns/ damaged or incorrect items to the vendor.
• Generate purchase orders from requisitions, communicate with vendors, and expedite orders as required.
• Establish and maintain vendor pricing Maintain inventory levels as per business plan using tools such as safety stock levels, sales history, and current inventory.
• Develop sourcing strategies for each key packaging material to include the following scope:
• Assessment of key business needs
• Full understanding of the external environment
• Performance of Supplier and Industry analysis
• Development of market forecasts
• Cost structure analysis
• SWOT Analysis
• Selection of strategic choices and interventions
• Tactical execution plan
• Monitoring and Measuring success
• Development of a renewal of strategy
• Attractive Salary Package
Experience, Skills, Education:
• 5-10 years of procurement experience in consumer products, preferably food.
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.