Job description / Role
Careem is the No1 tech company in the Middle East and have opened our newest engineering centre in Berlin (WeWork Sony Centre).
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Answer complex analytic questions from big data sets to help Careem shape its products and services in a better way.
- Implement strong data pipe lines for Machine Learning algorithms that will be used in production
- Design Real time / Streaming jobs for analytics / production purposes
- Implement large scale machine learning algorithm
- D esign, implement and support ETLs /ELTs to process terabytes of data each week.
- B uild data-driven services and solutions that empowers Careem different products either by working directly on them or by improving our large scale data infrastructure.
- Transform raw data from different sources and using different big data tools into meaningful insights
- You will always challenge the status quo and continually investigate new data processing technologies and seek to ensure that we follow the industry best practice s.
- Experience with distributed analytic processing technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, Redshift , etc )
- You have strong software development skills in one or more programming languages (Java, Scala, python, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to swiftly trouble-shoot
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable and clean code components
- You have some working knowledge of ETL and data warehousing concepts
- You have a high degree of comfort in leveraging SQL to manipulate data
- You have exceptional communication skills and can manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Experience in implementing scalable machine learning data pipelines is a plus.
- Experience with AWS is desirable.
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- 25 working days annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.