Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Define and direct complex product strategy through organisation leadership and management.
- Lead product specification, successful execution and competitive analysis for high-impact products and initiatives. Commonly leads multiple products and initiatives.
- Instrumental in defining optimal product processes, hiring, mentoring and building product teams. Insane focus on data.
- Optimizing a product to achieve the business goals while maximizing return on investment.
- Drive product strategy and roadmap for multiple products and teams working with the engineering, product marketing, and customer teams.
- Widely regarded as technical and business role model across multiple organisations.
- You are expected to engage with everyone in the company and may serve as an external spokesperson for the company.
- Identify good opportunities. Size them up. Make tough choices. Drive the roadmap.
- Critical to understand customer needs (present and future). Ask the right questions and conduct analysis to gain current and future customer needs.
- Create concise yet detailed functional specification documentation.
- Minimum 8 years of Product Management experience with a portion focused on large scale and highly available applications with at least 4 years of people management
- Manages an organization with a combinations of product managers to senior product managers
- Passion for getting data and increasing usage in the product because people love using it.
- Passion and successful track record in championing great experiences, with attention to detail and craftsmanship.
- Ability to effectively lead while also creating product specs, working through operations issues, and helping solve user and technology problems.
- Ability to deliver. You advocate for getting a great product out the door.
- Champion of a strategy that not only makes sense but resonates with customers before it's shipped. You relish customer excitement for new features.
- Ability to build working relationships at the highest levels of the company
- Work closely with other directors and Product VP to influence future product design and business decisions at the highest levels of the company
- Desire to work at a fast growth company where you will be appreciated for your own drive and leadership.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Senior Product Manager
Director of Engineering (Distributed Systems)
Digital Project Manager