Job description / Role
• Research (60%)
• Supports the completion of existing knowledge products and the design and implementation of new knowledge products in the area of urban finance
• Researches and documents emerging trends and good practices in different areas of urban finance relating to urban development, urban mobility, urban efficiency and climate
• Supports the development and implementation of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
• Supports research initiatives, including coordinating necessary inputs, literature reviews, synthesizing research findings, development of analytical framework, collection and analysis of complex data, and writing, editing, and revising
• Facilitates peer-to-peer exchange and draws on knowledge of WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities to provide research and advisory support to cities, investors and infrastructures providers
• Co-authors WRI working papers and reports, and academic publications
• Serves as an internal and external reviewer
• Contributes to knowledge sharing on urban finance across WRI networks
• Outreach & Communications (30%)
• Writes succinct and timely content in different print and online written media on urban finance relating to urban development, urban mobility, urban efficiency and climate
• Develops and supports others develop presentations for internal and external audiences, including contributing written and graphic content to reports and presentations
• Support the coordination of WRI’s urban finance and FSCI activities and events
• Works with other staff to facilitate delivery of technical support, largely through managed partnerships, strategically prioritizing based on potential impact and feasibility
• Contributes the development and testing of analytical framework, tools and models
• Supports in development and execution of influence strategies in collaboration with WRI experts
• Delivers oral presentations with competence and confidence
• Project support (10%)
• Implements systematic project management approach to coordinate in situ and remote teams to monitor project deliverables
• Monitors and manages project budget performance, expenses and revenue
• Evaluates and reports projects’ impacts; and completes institutional and donor reporting (narrative, quantitative and financial) for projects
• Contributes to developing research funding proposals (both narratives and budgets)
• Organizes project team and work stream meetings
• Manages the maintenance of shared datasets and files
• Summarizes content and next steps from key meetings
• Uses positive influence to improve communications among team, partners and donors, and elevates issues to senior staff when necessary
• Attractive Salary Package
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred in a discipline relevant to the urban finance scope of the position, including public policy, politics, international studies, public finance, etc.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience either in a research or project implementation capacity
• Experience working in or with emerging and developing country stakeholders and topics
• Demonstrated grasp of key topics and debates in urban finance, public and private development finance, domestic and international finance (including climate finance), urban
• Policy-making, sustainable infrastructure and service delivery, public-private approaches
• Demonstrated excellent written and spoken communication skills. Track record of writing clearly for different audiences and across different written media.
• Experience in delivering verbal presentations on complex topics to different audiences, including public and private sectors
• Ability to work in different languages and to navigate in different cultural context. Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese and/or another language is preferred
• Experience of having worked with municipal stakeholders or in local government is an advantage
• Demonstrated experience with external communications and/or donor management.
• Detail-¬oriented and organized thinker who can juggle multiple, sometimes competing, priorities
• Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced, start-up nonprofit environment
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.