Job description / Role
Senior Manager - Cargo Regional Sales Frankfurt - Sales
- Develop and implement appropriate cargo sales strategies to achieve corporate goals and services levels pertaining to the assigned territory.
- Plan and support setting up of new stations within the respective region in line with HQ directives. Be part of the recruitment panel in recruiting the necessary staff as per WY HR Policy and Procedures and support setting up of the office as per management guidelines. Participate in approved Cargo GSSA selection process as one of the panel members as per SVP-CC guidelines.
- Lead, motivate, coach and develop sales teams to achieve targets.
- Participate in preparation of Cargo Marketing-Business Plan and to allocate responsibilities for the attainment of cargo marketing goals and services levels in designated countries.
- Analyse, monitor and report on monthly cargo revenue results, where necessary making recommendations to Station sales team and Manager Cargo Sales Worldwide.
- Monitor sales performance and services levels, taking remedy if any shortfalls in consultation with Manager Cargo Sales Worldwide.
- Recommend on cargo rate tariff structure to ensure high yield and to maximize the revenue.
- Devise, implement, operate and maintain sales promotions and other cargo marketing devices to maximize the cargo loads.
- Liaise closely with Manager Cargo Sales Worldwide in all aspects of medium and long-term corporate development.
- Ensure active participation with Manager Revenue Management to improve yields through close monitoring of forward bookings and capacity optimisation
- Take immediate decisions in liaison with Manager Cargo Sales Worldwide to take care of any situation affecting the load factor-yield.
- Comply with Financial and HR policies of the Company at all times
- Strive to keep the cost of operations under control, without compromising on the quality of operations - image of the airline.
- Set performance objectives for all staff (if any)
- Prepare career development program for staff (if any).
- Improve Oman Air Cargos image through effective media advertisements, personal interactions and through any other industry accepted practice in liaison with Manager Cargo Sales Worldwide, marketing & corporate communications Dept
- Responsible for compliance with all provisions of the local laws applicable and if necessary to meet government agencies-officials and sort out issues of operational importance.
- Adhere to Company ethics and standards at all times.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the Line Manager as and when necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in an related discipline preferably in Business study with 12 years of relevant experience preferably in the cargo sales function of which 4 years handling sales in airline industry in a Managerial position.
- Master's degree will be preferred and advantage.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.