Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 60+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Rockstar Technical Recruiter who will partner with our Director of Engineering to expedite the ramp up of Careem's tech function through sourcing, recruiting and hiring the best talent globally.
You will develop and implement innovative recruitment campaigns and go to market strategies to position Careem as an employer of choice. The role joins our Engineering hub based out of Berlin, Germany, and will play a pivotal role in ramping up our highly talented development team in the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the recruiting strategy for Engineering, Berlin
- Source, attract and hire top talent into the function
- Identify new recruiting insights and develop effective strategies and solutions to continually improve our market presence
- Develop an ongoing and diverse pipeline using research, networking, database mining, etc. for prospective applicants
- Provide weekly updates and summaries of recruiting progress and activity
- Business Partner with the Director of Engineering and his teams to determine best fit candidates, coordinate interviews and manage a tight end to end process
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
We are looking for a candidate with the following assets:
- Technical recruiting experience (both internal recruitment and agency)
- A tenacious and resourceful problem solver
- Strong communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous improvement with a high degree of initiative
- Exceptional organisation skills
- Experience working for a startup or other high-growth tech company
- Experience in creative and digital recruiting
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Green Gulf Careers