The role of a supervisor has many levels of responsibility. As well as having responsibilityfor the development and activities of staff members they also have to answer to the companys management. A competent supervisor understands the daily challenges faced by a business and is able to keep employees focused on job activities and maintain a level playing field for all staff. This course focuses on the skills needed to ensure that the work group operatesat maximum efficiencyby understanding the skill levels of each employee and properly applying those skills.
Who should take this course
New and aspiring supervisors and team leaders.
- Programme introduction and objectives
- Reviewing the role of the competent supervisor or team leader Identifying the skills and competencies required by the role
- Reviewing personal performance and building a professional development plan based upon these requirements
- Establishing the difference between management and leadership
- Reviewing alternative approaches to management
- Establishing your own management style
- Management style and motivation
- Considering the impact your leadership and management style has on your team
- Understanding the performance management cycle
- Identifying and agreeing individual and team objectives
- Ensuring everything is in place for excellent performance
- How to monitor performance
- Reviewing performance
- Motivating your team through performance feedback
- Identifying your role within the team or group
- Understanding the difference between a group and a team Identifying stages of team development
- Different team roles and their contribution to a successful team
- Identifying those issues that steal your time.
- Understanding the difference between urgent and important
- Techniques for managing your time to increase your success
- Assertiveness and learning to say no
About Course Provider
London Training for Excellence offer a wide range of training courses in London for organisations and individuals who wish to advance their skills and knowledge in the business world. With a great training centre in London, London TFE have everything that is needed to understand the basic needs of a business. Each course focuses on the ‘real-life’ issues a business could face and how to tackle them with ease.
London TFE have a team of enthusiastic leaders and instructors who share a passion for education and want to deliver that same passion to every individual who wish to take a business to succession. Each training courses London encourages individual to aim high and reach their full potential.