Job description / Role
- Identification of new routes in order to achieve Company's marketing goals and services level pertaining to the assigned territory
- Prepare the Marketing-Business Plan and to allocate responsibilities for the attainment of marketing goals and services levels
- Monitor performance of marketing goals and services levels, taking remedy if any shortfalls in consultation with Senior Manager Sales
- Development and achievement of sales target.
- Developing suitable sales strategy for the market and ensure achievement of market share
- Recommend on passenger fare structure to ensure high yield and to maximise the revenue
- Devise, implement, operate and maintain campaigns and other marketing devices to maximise the uplift
- Liaise closely with the Senior Manager Sales in all aspects of medium and long term corporate development
- Develop general business opportunities including but not limited to corporate houses, hotel industry, tourism companies, media personnel and exhibition organizers to improve the market share
- Take immediate decisions in liaison with Senior Manager Sales to take care of any situation affecting the load factor-yield
- Ensure that the Sales Manager's visit all the travel agents and top corporate clients to ensure maximum distribution and achieve high sales-yield
- Should always strive to keep the cost of operations under control without compromising on the quality of operations-image of the Airline
- Improve Oman Air image through effective media advertisements, personal interactions and through any other industry accepted practice in liaison with marketing communication Department.
- Shall be responsible for compliance with all provisions of the local laws applicable and if necessary to meet government agencies-officials and sort out issues of operational importance.
- To develop and maintain good relations with Ministry of Transport, Director General of Civil Aviation, Airport Authorities, Security agencies etc
- Ensure a member of the staff has been appointed as the Emergency Response Coordinator at every station under your purview
- Plan manage and support development of people in the station team.
- Bachelor Degree in related discipline with 08 years of relevant experience handling sales function preferably handling sales in airline industry of which 03 years in a supervisory role.
- Master degree in the related field will be advantage.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.