Job description / Role
• Oversees the preparation, drafting and negotiation of all levels of vendor contracts, and sourcing agreements and works on general corporate and transactional matters as needed.
• Develop, hone and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing
• Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
• Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity
• Perform vendor management functions for the vendor partners providing procurement services.
• Independently prepares highly complex contracts involving substantial sums of money or opinions on complex matters having substantial financial impact on the company.
• Lead the administration of corporate purchasing programs, including the corporate travel program, purchasing card program and transplant card program
• Provide technical expertise and knowledge to effectively consult with business areas on matters related to purchasing and vendor contract preparation and interpretation.
• Proactively identifies and analyzes business risks and develop strategies for avoidance and mitigation.
• Manages the development of related analysis and reporting, process changes and training/education initiatives to support the delivery of timely and quality service to business partners.
• Facilitates the development, implementation, ongoing improvement and necessary communication of relevant policies, procedures, tools and technology to support Purchasing and Contract Negotiation functions.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience in purchasing and contract negotiation.
• 5 years of experience leading people is required.
• Must have significant functional expertise and business system knowledge in applicable business environment where vendor outsourcing exists to clearly understand and manage complex technical, operational or procedural challenges and issues.
• Experience performing purchasing-related economic and financial analyses with knowledge of basic statistics, financial accounting, and supplier management concepts. Hiring Preferences
• 4 plus years of technology procurement experience
• Procurement certification
• Familiarity/general knowledge of BCBSNC policies, procedures, and operations helpful
• Demonstrated success in people leadership, coaching, providing constructive feedback and developing employees.
• Strong negotiation and consulting skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including management
• Demonstrated creativity and initiative in enabling business solutions
• Proven ability to manage processes and multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent PC skills (e.g., MS Word, Excel, and Access)
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.