Job description / Role
Job Title: Principal - Asia Pacific International School
Sector: Education / Schools
Location: Asia Pacific
Are you seeking a new School Principal role based in the Asia-Pacific Region?
We are an internationally renowned school who are seeking an experienced Leadership professional with extensive experience in the American Pearson Curriculum.
This appointment would be paying a $100,000 (US) salary, with full housing, schooling, private healthcare and travel package, equating to a full package equivalent of circa $150,000 (US).
• Setting the school strategy in line with its vision and a strong commitment to excellence in education
• Work directly with the Vice Principal(s) and management team in a mentor and coaching role to develop leadership and management skills and expertise in both academic and operational staff.
• Exhibit the necessary school leadership, educational professionalism, school management, curriculum and instructional skills, as well as the coaching and mentoring skills that are fundamental to our work in school.
• Responsible for the school establishment with regard to staffing, enrollment, facilities, resources, implementation of curriculum, and ensuring high quality teaching in the delivery of the curriculum.
• Excellent organizational and managerial skills including the ability to motivate and lead a diverse team and an exceptionally strong faculty
• Guide the Vice Principal in preparing schedules, staff assignments, setting job performance standards, and evaluating staff.
• Develop and evaluate educational programmes in line with state requirements
• Liaise with government institutions and accreditation bodies to ensure high quality of communication between the school and these institutions.
• Setting an evaluation program for the teachers and students and ensure full implementation and feedback.
• Setting a high level of communication with parents and the community.
• Creating a good environment for the teachers and students to explore their talents and innovations.
• Create a dialogue with international education centers for establishing best practices
• Develop the learning development plan for the teachers training and workshop.
• Generating public support for the school’s program and education in general as the public information officer of the school and supervisor of the overall public relations program.
• Monitor the school’s health, safety, security and environmental practices and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
• Formulate staff and student Human Resources / personnel policies and procedures, e.g. code of ethics, and assume overall responsibility for the performance of all staff in the execution of their duties; ensure regular evaluation of performance, and provide performance feedback to staff members.
Qualifications and Experience:
Preferred qualification and experience for this position is as follows:
• A strong academic background, including a minimum Postgraduate degree in the field of education.
• Ideally be an Ivy League Graduate but at minimum must have extensive experience of the American Pearson tradition/curriculum.
• Have an excellent understanding the United States College system
• Minimum 5-10-plus years of school leadership experience ideally leading a school at international level.
• Spoken Business level (if not fluent) Mandarin would be extremely desirable, but not essential.
• Previous successful teaching and leadership experience in international school setting or equivalent.
• A strong understanding of cultural differences and experience in leading a multi-cultural institution.
• The ideal candidate preferably should also have previous working experience in the Asia Pacific region and have an understanding of the local culture.
• Experience and familiar with accreditation and inspection procedures.
• Strong experience in comprehensive strategic planning with outstanding organizational and time management skills.
About the Company
italent has been around since 2012, when we saw that businesses needed better talent solutions for their employment requirements. By focusing our efforts on quality products and services that are simple-to-use and innovative, our team brings you the best results without any unexpected additional costs and unnecessary complications. Simply put, we love helping businesses find and keep the right people.