Job description / Role
The role of Accounts Payable involves providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organisation. Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
Roles and Responsibilities will include but not limited to :
• Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
• Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
• Maintaining historical records
• Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing paychecks
• Paying vendors by scheduling pay checks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor inquiries regarding finance
• Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
• Continuing to improve the payment process
• Maintain excellent relations with all “customers”, both internal and external; always, in an assertive manner, which ensures that the agreed procedures and terms are followed.
• Ensure that daily invoices are recorded and processed accurately and in a timely fashion in accordance with the business policies and procedures and local regulations.
• Allocate expenses properly to the correct departments and periods.
• Assist the head of the department in all stages within the Accounts Payable function leading to the preparation of monthly financial reports and analysis.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education. CA / MBA Finance would be a plus.
• Minimum 5 to 10 year of experience in a similar capacity
• Good reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and relevant accounting systems.
• Experience working within a large scale high volume transaction.
• Real Estate Developer, Construction ,company experience would be a plus.
About the Company
Established in 1997, Emaar Properties is a Public Joint Stock Company listed on the Dubai Financial Market. A pioneering developer of integrated master-planned communities, Emaar Group has transformed the real estate sector in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Emaar Group is extending its expertise in developing master-planned communities internationally, and today, has a significant presence in several key global markets. Simultaneously, the company has developed competencies in hospitality & leisure, and shopping malls & retail.
Emaars world-class project development competencies are underlined by its iconic assets in Dubai and other international markets.