Job description / Role
Amazon MENA comprises of UAE, KSA and EGY markets. In order to create the best MENA customer experience in terms of selection, delivery experience, MENA data services team is looking for energetic individuals to come, join and work with us. We will together solve the interesting problems to launch new products and programs:
You will be expected to:
• Leverage knowledge of statistics and optimization to frame decision-making problems for MENA region.
• Build statistical models required to measure the impact of each system and platform.
• Predict future customer behavior and business conditions through machine learning and predictive modeling.
• Use analytical and predictive techniques to build models for optimizing and target specific products.
• Translate prototype models to production quality, large scale software systems.
• Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions.
• PHD/MS. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
• Expert in more than one or more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar).
• At least 5+ years of hands-on experience in applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
• Proficiency in model development, model validation and model implementation.
• Work well in a fast-moving team environment and effectively deliver technical implementations having complex dependencies and requirements.
• Strong communication and data presentation skills
• 5+ years of hands-on experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
• Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field.
• Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
• Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact.
• Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting.
• Proven track in leading, mentoring and growing teams of scientists.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.